Who We Are
Omega Point empowers the institutional investment community with a modern, factor-based portfolio analytics decision-making system. Enhanced by the latest advancements in machine learning and AI, Omega Point’s cloud platform ensures fast, painless integration and seamless fit across the widest range of investment processes. We enable a variety of portfolio analytics and portfolio construction workflows, including factor analysis, trade simulation, optimization, hedging and thematic investing. Omega Point clients include top fundamental asset managers, hedge funds, and institutional allocators worldwide. The firm is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York and Quebec City.
Omega Point offers you...
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexibility to telecommute (and not only during the pandemic)...
- ...or come and work at the Quebec City, New York, or San Francisco offices.
- A great environment with a talented team
- A remote-first culture we’ve built from the ground up to have a distributed workforce
- One or two summits per year (in-person, post-pandemic) where you can meet the whole team in person and do team building activities. Some of the latest destinations: Miami Beach, Austin (Texas), San Francisco
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family
- Great perks including a work-from-home setup budget, unlimited vacation, 401k, flexible hours, and education/certification benefits
Omega Point embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Who You Are
As a Data Engineer, you will use your skills at manipulating large datasets to provide valuable data to our platform customers. You will be responsible for designing and implementing improvements to our data pipeline, including data ingestion, data cleaning, and data processing. You will then build systems that will integrate that data with data from other partners and our customers to provide impactful insights to our users.
- Tackle the complex and interesting challenge of helping our customers generate return-on-information from our ever growing ecosystem of data partners
- Design and implement data pipeline solutions for ingestion, transformation, and management
- Collaborate with our product, research, and engineering teams to find rigorous yet practical solutions to solve complex business problems
- Improve our portfolio optimization process to enable customers to test different trading strategies and generate realistic backtests
- 3+ years experience solving quantitative problems with data (or equivalent experience in an educational setting)
- Experience in developing data ingestion, data processing, and analytical pipelines
- Strong skills in Python and data analysis libraries such as pandas, numpy, scipy
- Ability to deliver end-to-end solutions and write production quality code
- Intellectual curiosity. You love to understand exactly how and *why* things work.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a mostly remote team
You Might Also Have...
- An advanced degree in computer science, math, physics, or other quantitative field
- Experience in the finance / investment management industry
- Familiarity with factor risk models, equities data, or portfolio construction is a plus
- Experience in identifying data validation rules and alerts based for data integrity and anomaly detection
- Experience with AWS in general, particularly data-focused technologies, or serverless architectures
- Experience with mathematical optimization
- Experience in other programming languages (Golang, Node.js)